The term 192.168.0.2 represents an IP Address. The IP Address as given above can be classified as the IPv4 type of IP Address. These IP Addresses are generally seen in the local network. The routers in the local network provide this IP Address to the devices connected within the network. So we can say that this IP Address is a Private IP Address.
Many router manufacturers like Belkin, Luxul & Proxim uses this IP Address as the Default Router IP Address. This IP Address can also serve the function of the Default Gateway. To get further information in relation to this IP Address, check this article.
How 192.168.0.2 is Assigned?
This IP Address is from the 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.255 range of Private IP Addresses. The devices in a local network can acquire this IP Address by two methods. Those methods are as follows.
- Dynamically (Through DHCP).
- Manually (Administrator can assign this IP Address to any device).
If the device will acquire this IP Address through DHCP then the IP Address will be called as the Dynamic IP Address. If the administrator will assign this IP to any device then this IP will be called as the Static IP Address.
How to access router settings for a router having 192.168.0.2 Default Router IP?
It is very easy to access the router settings or the router admin panel if a router is having this IP Address as the Default Router IP Address. The network administrator must check the procedure as given below to access the router settings.
- The administrator must connect the device with the network.
- Now admin will have to open browser in the device.
- In the search bar, type 192.168.0.2 & press enter.
- The admin login screen will now appear.
- Here the admin will have to fill the admin username & password.
- Now click on submit.
- The router admin panel will now be accessible for the admin.
By using these details, the admin can access the router settings easily. If you want to know more about this IP Address then let us know via the comments section.