Ways to Connect MAC OS with Network
The MAC OS computer or laptop can be connected with the internet through two methods. A user can use either method to get connectivity with the internet. The details of the ways to connect the MAC OS with internet are as follows. This article will also help the users to get details of “How to Find Default Gateway in MAC OS?”. So they must check the article.
- Through WIFI.
- Using C-Port.
These methods provide live internet connection to the MAC OS devices.
Default Gateway in MAC OS
The Default Gateway in MAC OS plays the intermediary role to provide the internet connection to the device. The router or modem through which the device will be connected to the internet will open a default gateway (say 192.168.0.1) for the device. Here we will talk about the ways to find the default gateway.
Ways to Find Default Gateway in MAC OS
A user can use 2 methods to find the default gateway from the device. The details of the ways to find the default gateway are as follows.
- Through Graphical Program
- Using Command line.
How to Find Default Gateway in MAC using the Graphical Method
The user will have to use the procedure details as given below to know about the Default Gateway or Default IP Address which the device is using to connect with internet.
- Open the Settings or System Prefferences.
- Click on Network. The following window will open.
- Click on Advanced Button.
- Now click on the TCP/IP Button on the Window.
- The Following window will open now.
- The Default Gateway details will be available next to the Router as shown here.
How to Find Default Gateway in MAC OS using Command Line
The user can also use the command line or terminal to find the default gateway in MAC OS. The procedure details are as follows.
- Open the Command line or Terminal on the MAC OS.
- Use the “netsat -nr | grep default” command.
- Press Enter button.
- The Default Gateway details will be on screen as shown in the image below.
The users can also let us know if they have any doubt in the details of the article.