What is the Default Gateway?
The term Default Gateway means the medium or point through which the device can connect to the Internet Service Provider. This point serves as the Default Gateway for the networked computer or device. Every Wifi Router will provide the users with the Default Gateway (Say 192.168.0.1) to connect with the internet. The users will get the details of the “How to Find Default Gateway in Windows?” from this article. Hence the users must check the article to get these details.
Ways to Connect Device to Default Gateway
A user can connect the devices with the default gateways by various methods. These methods provide internet access to the device of the user. Some of the ways to connect devices are as follows.
- Through Wifi.
- Using Ethernet Cable.
Procedure to Find Default Gateway in Windows (Laptop, Desktop)
A user can find the default gateway using a simple procedure. The user will be able to get the default gateway by using the procedure details which are as follows.
- The user should open the “Command Prompt” through the start option.
- The User can also open the Command Prompt by Simply pressing the “Windows+R” & then type the cmd in the further step. Click on Ok.
- now type “ipconfig” & Press Enter.
- The details of the Default Gateway will be displayed on the screen.
These procedure details will help the users to find the Default Gateway in their Windows Laptop or Computer. If they have any problem in finding out the Default gateway then let us know about the issue.
Procedure to Find Default Gateway in Windows Phone
The Windows Phone users must check the simple & easy procedure which is as follows.
- Open the Settings from the Menu.
- Go to the Wifi Settings.
- Tap & Hold on the connection.
- Click on Edit.
- Check the Default Gateway.