How to Reset Router Settings?
The router acts as the Default Gateway for the devices to connect with the internet. It provides the devices with the IP Addresses so that they can connect with the internet to access the various things. These routers have various settings like IP Address, DHCP Client, QoS, IPv4 Settings, IPv6 Settings etc. The users can also reset the settings of the router if they have lost the admin details, security key or have any other connectivity issue.
We will talk about the various ways to reset router depending on situations. Thus the users must check the details from here.
Router Hard Reset
The users can do a Hard Reset in the router if they have forgotten the administration password or wireless security pin. They can also do Hard reset if they want to start with fresh settings on the router. Thus the users must check the procedure as given below.
- Power on the Router & look for the reset button on it. Generally it will be available at the backside of router.
- Get pin like object & press the reset button for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Now the router will reboot & start with the default settings.
Router Soft Reset
The users can also do a soft reset if they are having any connectivity issue. For this, they must check the procedure given below.
- Unplug the cable connecting the router with modem.
- wait for a few seconds & reconnect it.
Using the Admin Panel
The users can also reset the router settings from the admin panel of the router. They must use the procedure as given below.
- Open the browser on your device.
- Search for the Default gateway for example 192.168.0.1 of your router.
- Log in with the details of Admin Username & password.
- Go to restore factory default settings.
- Now the router will be restored to factory default.
If the users want to know anything else then they can let us know via the comments section.